It sounds silly but cleaning the oven with lemon juice is a great method, you don’t need a high level of cleaning experience for this.
And according to a study conducted by Education.com, a lemon can clean dust and other particles easily.
So read below to know how to make homemade oven cleaner with lemon juice, and also know the procedure of cleaning…
Why use lemon juice?
- Lemon juice is a natural cleaner and is easily available in households.
- It contains citric acid so it is a little acidic
- As you know lemon is acidic so it can remove alkaline substances easily.
- It has many antioxidants.
- Using lemon, remove the bad smell.
- It is 100% natural and safe to use.
These benefits give a strong reason to use lemon juice as a cleaning agent, so let’s see how you can make a lemon juice solution
- Normal water
- Cotton cloth or kitchen towel
How to make homemade oven cleaner with lemon juice
You may also be interested: How to use kitchen mama can opener
Remember to read the full step otherwise, this cleaning process maybe damage your oven..so
- Make a Lemon solution
- Take a bowl and add a few 2 to 3 cups of water to it.
- Then take a lemon and squeeze the lemon juice into the water.
- Give heat for 15 minutes
- This is an important step for cleaning the inner part of your oven.
- Take that lemon juice and water solution, and put that into the oven.
- Then turn on the oven at a medium or low temperature for (15 minutes)
- By this process the lemon juice acids will be vaporized and spread around the inner part of the oven, which kills bacteria and make it easier to clean the inner part of the oven with a cloth.
- After 15 minutes take out that solution from the oven.
- Wipe your oven’s outer part
- Take a sprinkler or cotton cloth to wipe the solution on the outer surface.
- After applying the solution, wait for 3-4 minutes
- Clean with a soft cloth
- Now all process has been done
- Now just use normal water and a cotton cloth to clean both the inner and outer parts of the oven.
- You can use alternative products
- After cleaning with lemon juice you can use baking soda or detergent for better results
- Click here to Know how you can clean your oven with baking soda which gives you stunning results
Note: (I have given a few products which you need in this process do check out that )( below)
You may also be interested: 3 types of Kitchen mama can opener review
- Oven Cleaning cotton clothes:
2. Best Oven cleaning brush
3. Oven cleaning spray
Is lemon juice harm your oven?
Yes, it is totally fine to use lemon juice for cleaning the oven lemon juice contains antioxidants that not only kill bacteria but also remove bad smells.
This contains critical acid but it is not too much acidic in nature so it is the best natural cleaner.
If you want effective cleaning of your oven then check out the most important oven cleaning products click here to know
Also, read the article about the best garbage disposal cleaner.
2 different ways to apply lemon juice ( give the best results )
It is a very simple three-step process Reed wheeler to know
- Take a cloth and food that cloth into the lemon juice solution, when it observed the solution properly use it over an oven surface.
- Uses a sprinkling bottle which is easily available in the market, all you need to do just put that solution into it and spread it over an oven surface.
Q: How do you clean an oven that hasn’t been cleaned in years?
In this type of case you have to Deep clean your oven you can easily do this process by using the best oven cleaner also you can use some products like baking soda vinegar and a cleaning brush.
Q: How do you clean black stuff in the oven?
To resolve this issue you have to use baking soda and an open cleaner.
Q: Can you put lemon in the oven?
Yes, undoubtedly you can put lemon inside an oven.
Conclusion on homemade oven cleaner with lemon juice
It is a very easy DIY so I think there is no confusion about how to use homemade oven cleaner with lemon juice and the process of making it.
The whole process will take approximately 30- 45 minutes but remember as you know lemon is an acidic solution, so it does not work properly in Greece or very oily substances instead of using lemon juice you can use baking soda for this.
Have a nice day