If you don’t want to use commercial oven cleaners for your dirty oven then cleaning your oven with baking soda will be the best alternative for you.
According to research baking soda is an alkali material also its PH is (9) so it can easily clean your oven.
But to clean effectively you have to know how to clean oven quickly with baking soda in a proper manner.
Are you ready to know?
You need a few items like
- Baking soda
- Spray or a cloth
Before jumping to the cleaning procedure we have to prepare a perfect baking soda and water mixture which will work like a charm.. so read below.
Preparation of baking soda solution:
- Take a bowl and take some water in it, remember the bowl should be cleaned.
- then add one cup of baking soda in it and mixed this solution with the help of a brush or a stick.
- After this process, you can add that solution into a bottle or spray.
Now, let’s jump to the next steps
How to clean oven quickly with baking soda
- Fastly turn off all the power switches in your oven or if you are using a manual oven then remove all heating elements from it.
- A cloth or sprinkling bottle to apply that solution all over the oven surface, use silk cloth to apply that solution properly.
- After applying that solution and wait for 22-30 minutes. During this period, the solution will be properly absorbed by the oven surface.
- Now take a normal cloth, and water to wash the oven.
- After these steps, now your oven should be cleaner than before.
Check out some must have oven cleaning products to clean your oven effectively click to know
Look out for this for a better understanding.
Video process of cleaning oven with baking soda
Does cleaning with baking soda harm your oven
As I told you before baking soda is a none toxic alkaline product that has a perfect tendency to clean dirty stuff.
But do not overuse it, overuse baking soda can damage your oven’s metal surface.
What are the other options to clean the oven quickly
If The baking soda trick does not work properly then you can use several order items to clean your oven read below to know more…
- Using vinegar: Vinegar is one of the most versatile compounds which you can use for cleaning various items, if you use vinegar and baking soda combined that will work like a charm.
- Using oven cleaner: Open cleaners are available in markets that are specifically made for cleaning ovens below I will give some links to the best oven cleaners
- Using a Cleaning brush: In the process of cleaning the oven, a good cleaning process is a very important piece of equipment, cleaning brush removes dirt and rust easily.
- Using lemon: If you don’t have a vinegar solution then you can use lemon juice because lemon juice is a slightly acidic solution that is capable to clean the oven.
Click on link if you want to know how you can make a homemade lemon cleaner which clean oven quickly.
So these are the 4 methods which you can use for good results.
Also, read the article about the best garbage disposal cleaner.
Conclusion on how to clean oven quickly with baking soda
Baking soda is one of the best alkaline homemade products which is not only effective but also very affordable.
You just need to look few things while using this
- Concentration of the solution
- Applying method
I think you get all information on how to clean the oven quickly with baking soda, if you have any doubts, ask me in the comments.
Have a nice day.
Q: Can I use baking soda and vinegar combined to clean the oven?
Yes, you can use baking soda and vinegar combinedly to clean a dirty over, but remember first applied the vinegar to remove the rust and other material then use baking soda to clean completely.
Q: 3 tips to clean dirty oven racks?
Oven Racks are one of the most important parts of an oven you can use ( Specific cleaners, Brushes, and a little acidic solution to clean dirty oven racks)
Q: A dirty oven creates which type of disease?
According to a few studies, a dirty oven can create various types of disease, food poisoning so clean your oven properly.