If you are a fresher or new in the coffee-making world then maybe an espresso machine would be new for you. And probably you have lots of thoughts like what is an espresso machine? how does it work? What are the benefits of espresso? and more?
So here I will answer all your questions of yours related to the espresso machine…
what is an espresso machine?
In simple words, it is simple water and pressurised steam containing machine which makes perfect concentrated coffee for you, also it has some features that make the coffee and espresso-making process too easy.
It was first invented and produced in 1900, nowadays these machines are used in coffee shops, Starbucks Caffey, and respectively use in other popular coffee makers stores, and you can purchase them from local stores and online stores.
You can check out our article about the special technique for using of espresso machine click here to know
Parts of espresso machine
It has a few important parts that you have to know those parts are.
• Group Head: it is the most important part of the espresso machine, it typically manages the process of the water and pressure.
• Portafilter: it is placed after the group head which contains a filter and also carries powdered coffee, the warm water passes through this pore filter and creates a concentrated espresso
• Steam Wand: it is a simple pipe that processes the steam it is useful if you want to give a steamy flavor…
• Water And Steam Containers: it is the inner part of an espresso machine that store a minimum of 1-2 liter of water( it depends upon the espresso machine model and company)
• Control Panel: control panel is placed front side of the espresso and contains a single shot and double shot button with the power button and a few indicating lights.
Type of espresso maker
We have casually divided espresso machines into 4 types are
- Manual: manual espresso gives total control of making espresso, in this process, you have to grind the coffee, boil water and milk, you have to manage the temperature and do some technical stuff which needs much time and energy.
- Semi-automatic: semiautomatic espresso has an electric water pump which carries water, it has some extra features than manual espresso.
- Automatic: here you have to grind the coffee, tamp the coffee that’s it, when you press the button it will automatically carry water and make a perfect concentrated espresso.
- Super-automatic: as the name indicates, this is a highly featureless espresso machine it will do all your work of yours so this type of espresso machine is expensive.
Q: Are Espresso Machines Dangerous?
Not too much but the espresso machine boils water and if you don’t use it mindfully then it causes skin burns., but that type of incident is very rare.
Q: Can an espresso machine make American?
The simple answer is “no” you probably can’t able to make Americano. The purpose of the espresso machine is different…
Q: Can the espresso machine able to make tea?
You can make tea, you can replace the cofee ground and put the tea powder in the pore filter then you will be able to make tea in an espresso machine, in some cases, this trick doesn’t work so try it.
Q: What espresso machine does Starbucks use?
Starbucks uses an expensive machine called “MASTRENA” and that will cost around 1500-1800$ single machine.
Q: What espresso machine does James Hoffman use?
James Hoffman uses an espresso machine called Black Eagle VA388 which is released between 2015-16
Q: Can be an espresso machine explode?
Yes, there are several cases, but this is very rare and this type of incident only happened when the pressure nozzle or catastrophic failure.
Q: Why is the espresso machine expensive?
Probably this factor depends upon the company branding, metal that use in espresso, small parts, and water boiler like components make it expensive…
Final thought on what is an espresso machine
Espresso is a simple but very useful machine for the coffee drinker. It creates espresso easily but beginners face little problem with this like: what is an espresso machine?, how to use this?, how to descale espresso, and more… So I think you get your answer from this article.
If you want to know more about espresso machine you can read our comparison: Manual vs automatic espresso machine
And a small request to you, if you like this please share it and ask your question in the comments.
Have a nice day and Thanks for coming!