You just need to follow a few instructions, and then you will be able to use the oxo can opener like a pro.
So read this step-by-step guide on how to use an oxo can opener after reading this you will be able to open the can in 30 seconds.
how to use an oxo can opener
Follow these instructions…
1. Placed the oxo can opener on the top of the can
- Firstly, take the oxo can opener and placed it on top of the can.
- The oxo can opener unique design removes the can lid without creating any sharp edges.
- So make sure you placed it perfectly.
2. Press the handle
- After placing it perfectly, you have to press those handles, after this process can opener cutting blade will be automatically locked with the can lid.
- Now you have to hold the oxo can opener handle strongly
3. Rotate the knob or key
- Now rotate the knob or key which is given on oxo can opener.
- Rotate it in a clockwise direction.
- After a full rotation, you will be able to open the can lid.
4. Use the attached pliers.
- You can also use the attached plier to open the lid.
- You can also use your hand to open the lid.
Oxo Can Opener How To Use Video:
Before you start using that can opener you have to learn a few problems that may arise while using oxo can opener, read below.
You may also be interested: How to use pampered chef can opener
3 problems that may arise while using an oxo can opener
- Problem: The can lid which is made of harder metal, is difficult to open with an oxo can opener.
- Solution: You have to make a small hole in the corner of the lid and then placed your can opener at that point, and it will work properly.
2. Problem: the jamming problem of the knob
- Solution: It only happens in old can openers, to avoid this you have to add lubricant and oil from time to time…
3. Problem: Blade sharpness reduced
- Solution: This is a normal phenomenon, you just need to sharpen that blade using a blade sharpener and other tools.
So these are common and minor problems maybe occur while using an oxo can opener for a long time.
Do you know? you don’t need any can opner to open can ( just read our article and know how to open can without can opener
Q: What can I do if the oxo can opener not working?
First, check the knob, then check the blade….sometimes the knob has a jamming problem and the blade has less sharpness so check those two parts and solve that problem…
Q: Do the oxo Can opener removes the seal?
Yes, oxo can opener removes the seal, it doesn’t cut the lid….so it doesn’t create sharp edges.
Q: Do oxo can opener give a warranty?
Most do, but you should check before you buy. Because guarantees may vary depending on the firm/seller.
Q: Do oxo and smooth edge can openers similar?
Smooth edge is one type of categorize or working functional of can openers so those can opener who doesn’t create any sharp edges that can opener belongs to the smooth edges category….so indirectly those are quite same.
Conclusion on how to use an oxo can opener
As I said before this is very simple to use, you just need to look around a few things while using this:
- Place the can opener in perfectly.
- Hold that can opener strongly.
- Then roll the knob
Also, apply lubricant from time to time on the can opener, which will give long life to your can opener…
Now, I have a small request if you like this article please mention us in the comment section.
Or if you have any problems you can also ask us in the comment box.
Have a nice day, hope you enjoyed this article!!!!