Do you know? how rusty can opener affect your body according to (Healthline,)
Rust not only creates a bad impact on your skin, anyhow if you consume it, that will be way more dangerous.
So make sure to keep your can opener rust-free so do, you have to follow this short guide on How to remove rust from can opener in a few easy steps.
Remove rust from the can opener
Mainly rust appears on metal surfaces so here we will discuss how you can remove rust from the metal can opener.
1.Clean with vinegar
Vinegar have acetic acid which is very helpful to remove rust from cam openers follow the below steps.
- Take some vinegar in a bowl/pot
- Then put your rusty can opener into this vinegar.
- Give 30 minutes, to soak vinegar properly.
- After 30 minutes, take out that can opener and evenly rub that with a brush.
Now you will be able to remove rust
2.Clean by Sandpaper:
If your can opener is badly damaged by rust then you can use sandpaper to remove a rusty layer from the can opener. Follow the below steps to know.
- Take sandpaper, and evenly fold it from both sides.
- Then take your rusty can opener.
- Rub that sandpaper on the rust-affected area.
- Wash and dry your can opener after this process.
3.Clean with baking soda:
For this process, you need a few amounts of water and baking soda. When you add water and baking soda together..it will make a great solution for cleaning rust.
- First create a solution of water and baking soda.
- Take a brush and apply that solution over the rusty can opener,
- Give at least 30 minutes for a soak
- Then apply sandpaper or a brush to remove rust.
4.Clean with lemon:
Lemon juice is an alkaline solution so it will also help you to remove rust quickly, but remember lemon juice only work properly with normal rusting.
- Take some lemon and make half a bowl of lemon juice.
- Then dip that rusty can opener into this juice.
- After that give 30 minutes.
- Then use a brush or sandpaper to remove that rust.
Also Check Out
Different Types of can opener that you never heard click there .
Note: all the solutions like lemon juice, vinegar etc… Discharge the strength of rust particles, for this reason, you will be able to remove rust easily…..
So give at least 30-45 minutes to soak all solutions.
- baking soda
- fist soak your can opener in a vinegar solution.
- then mix baking soda, detergents and water.
- then apply this solution to your rusty can opener and also use sandpaper to remove rust.
How to avoid can opener rusting
As you know most of the can openers are made up of metal.
So you can avoid rusting by following the steps.
- Lubricating can opener with oil
- Clean after every time use
- protect from water…
- after washing clean with a towel properly…and let it dry.
Problems of rusty can opener
There are lots of problems and those are…..
- the rust particles can hurt your hand
- it damage metal layer and make metal frame weaker.
- it creates many helth issue
Q: what is the easiest way to remove rust from a can opener?
Ans: using sandpaper to remove rust is the easiest way. You do not need to make any solution of vinegar or baking soda.
Q: do stainless steel can openers be affected by rust?
Ans: pure stainless steel can opener does not affect by rust quickly but some mixed alloys are affected by rust.
Q: should wash the can opener?
Ans: yes, you can wash the can opener but after washing keep it dry using a towel or hairdryer.
Conclusion on How to remove rust from can opener
I believe you can easily do this after following the given steps, apply lubricant from time to time to keep your can opener in a working state.
Also, store that can opener in a safe place that will also protect your can opener from dust, moisture…
If you get any type of help from our article then tell us in the comment or share it with your neighbours.
Have a nice day🥰