Are you don’t have a can opener? Or your can opener doesn’t work properly! , so don’t worry.
I will give 5-6 unique ways to open a can without a can opener so let’s start…
Tools you need
For this process, you need a few pieces of household equipment, which are easily available in your kitchen…
|For process 1||For process 2|
|• PLIERS||• KITCHEN KNIFE|
|Fro process 3||For process 4|
|• SCISSORS||• SPOON|
|For process 5||For process 6|
|• METAL NILLS, SMALL HAMMER||• USING SANDPAPER|
You have to do these steps carefully, so read carefully and apply those steps slowly.
6 ways how to open a can without a can opener
1. USING PLIERS:
- First, strongly hold the can, that you’re trying to open.
- Then, make a hole with the help of a plier. You can also use the can opening notch for opening the can.
- Then, pull out the lid of that can with the help of a plier.
2. USING KNIFE:
- Stand that can vertically on a table.
- Take a knife, then use the knife-sharp tip for making small holes around the upper part of the can. The average gap between those holes is 1c.m.
- Hold that knife strongly, while doing this process.
- Now you can easily cut the upper part of the can, for cutting the upper part you can use that knife.
3. USING SCISSORS:
- Make a hole in (the top corner) of the can using a scissor sharp tip.
- Then try to cut that upper part with the help of a scissor.
- This process works properly in a relatively soft can ….if your tin/can is hard then I don’t recommend this process to apply.
You may also be interested: How to use kitchen mama can opener
4. USING SPOON:
- Take a can and stand on a table horizontally.
- Now take a spoon, hold it strongly Use rubber gloves for better grip.
- Now use the back side of a spoon for making holes.
- After making holes you can use the front side of a spoon to cut the can lid.
5. USING METAL NILLS:
- Take a metal Nill and a small hammer.
- Now use that metal nill and hammer for making small holes around the top corner of the can.
- Make sure there is no gap between those holes.
- You can actually cut the can without any knife or can opener … Also this process is very simple.
You may also be interested: 3 types of Kitchen mama can opener review
6. USING SANDPAPER:
- Take sandpaper and place that on a table horizontally.
- Then take a can and place that can on the surface of sandpaper.
- Now rub the can back and for surfaces on, that process will make friction between two surfaces.
- And this friction can cut that can joints.
Few things you need to follow!
Before you follow those steps you have to do certain things or you can say Precautions.
because we are using the traditional way to open a can so it maybe hurts you, read below to protect yourself.
- Put gloves on your hand before performing any activity.
- Don’t press that can, too hard.
- Don’t use rusty tools, if your tool is rusty you can read our article about how to remove rust from tools.
- Use a medium-sharp knife that will work goodly.
- After you open the can by using those methods, don’t touch the sharp edges of the can.
So these are some basic things you need to follow while opening a can without a can opener.
Q: Can open a can with the help of scissors?
Yes, you can cut the upper lid of the can with the help of a scissor, but remember your scissors should be sharp and medium in size.
Q: Can I use my car key for opening the can?
I would not recommend this, but if you don’t have any other option, then you can open the can with the sharp edge of the key
Q: How to open a can without a can opener or knife?
You can use, a kitchen knife or spoon or metal nills, these tools are capable enough to open can easily and the good point is these are simple household equipment which is available in every house.
Q: Can a nail clipper able to open a tin can?
Yes, it is possible but it is quite difficult with other methods. But again it is possible.
You may also be interested: (5 Tested ways) on How to remove rust from can opener
Conclusion on how to open a can without a can opener
Here I had only given 6 methods but there are lot many ways to open a can without a can-opener. As an example: you can use a screwdriver or any other tool like this.
Also, keep your hand away from the sharp edges of the can and I have a small recommendation for you, if you are looking for some best can opener then you can click the button to see…
I think I have solved your query on how to open a can without a can opener If you have any questions, comment on us. I love to reply to you.
Have a nice day!