Welcome, dear. I know why you are coming here, and don’t worry here I will explain how to install garbage disposal with step by step process.
And hardly this process will take 30 minutes so read below points I will also explain several important tips which are very beneficial.
Also, I am glad that you successfully removed your old garbage disposal from the sink. If you don’t know how to remove that then read this.
Now let’s start…
6 quick steps: How to install garbage disposal
Product you need
- Glue \ epoxy\ plumber putty
now let’s follow all the steps.
1. Install the Sink flange
- First, clean that sink flange and cover that sink flange with ( a putty) like in the image.
- Then install the sink flange at the hole.
- Give few time to set perfectly.
Check some of best plumber putty here:
2. Connect the wire to the garbage disposal
- If you have to connect your garbage disposal with electric wire…
- Connect the positive and negative wire
- You can also follow the instruction guide given by the company.
3. Install the mounting
Before installing the mounting, you have to know that there are two types of garbage disposal mounting.
- EZ mount
- 3-bolt mount
Your garbage disposal should be one of these two types, if your disposal is EZ mount then follow that if your disposal is 3-bolt then read that.
Installation of EZ mount:
- It is very easy to install just turn clockwise to fix the EZ mounting.
Installation of 3 bolt mount:
- It is quite tricky, first put all parts together and then install the bolts with the help of a screwdriver.
4. Mount the garbage disposal
Mounting the garbage disposal is easy just follow the steps.
- First allied disposal with mounting
- Then lift the disposal upward direction.
- Then use a screwdriver to lock the disposal with mounting. You can turn clockwise direction to lock disposal properly.
5. Fix the drain flange
- After that, connect the drain pipe.
- Then connect the dishwasher pipe with the disposal.
- Tightly fix all the pipes, because loose pipes cause leakage.
6. Re-check all steps
Before connecting the disposal to electricity, you have to check whether it is perfectly done or not.
- First, open the sink tap for a moment.
- Then just view, if there is any type of leakage or not…
- If there is no leakage then supply electricity.
Do you know which garbage disposal cleaners are best for your disposal, click the link to know
Important things you have to know!
Read these steps carefully, here I will give some tips that will help a lot to you! So let’s start…..
- Before applying plumber putty, first you have to clean the old putty from the sink flange.
- You can also place a heavy item on the sink flange, that force will reduce the air bubbles from putty.
- Always turn off the water and electricity supply while doing this.
- Don’t tight the garbage disposal mounting screwy too tightly
- Lastly, wear gloves and keep safe during this whole operation.
Read out some most asked and important questions…below.
Q: How much does cost to install garbage?
Average it will cost you around 150-200$ because most of the garbage disposal cost you
Q: What type of glue is best for fixing pipes and mounting in the garbage disposal?
I would recommend you to use plumber putty because it is easy to replace and also no water leakage in there, you can also use epoxy.
Q: How much time it will take to install a garbage disposal?
If you followed all instructions and understand the overall structure of garbage disposal then it will hardly take 30 – 45 minutes.
Q: Can I use the sink without a garbage disposal?
Yes, you can use the sink without garbage disposal but maintenance level will also increase. And sometimes the waste material stuck with sink pipe…
Conclusion on How to install a garbage disposal
Installing a garbage disposal is very easy, you just need to check a few things…those are.
- Wire connection
These two are most critical if you do this perfectly then there will be no problem…so I think this 6-step process on How to install a garbage disposal, makes your work easy and give you some knowledge.
If yes, then comment to us, we will be very happy to see your comment.
Have a nice day.